Sunday, September 16, 2007

Journal # 8 Too Young To Remember

When I saw this topic, I spend almost 20 minutes trying to recall my memory from long time ago. Finally, I got the memory back. Otherwise I might leave this journal become a blank one.

September 11, 2001, 10pm. It was a normal day. I waked up, ate something for dinner and prepared for going to work. I turned on the TV, and saw the plane flying through the buildings. “What’s that?” I asked my sister and mom. “The terrorists attack U.S. They really have guts to do that, I thought, and the U.S government will take vengeance for it. I went to work as usual and my colleague said that the world war 3 might begin because U.S. had under attacked. At that time, I had realized that Taiwan may in a very dangerous situation (I always response slowly than others). Mainland China might attack us in this period of time because our protector-U.S. couldn’t help us. I called my mother and told her my concerns but she did not take it serious. Then, I called my father who worked in mainland China and told him my concerns and he promised me that if he heard something weird he would call me as soon as possible. Finally I felt much better however there still some darkness part in my mind. I still worry about the war coming and the world situation so I turn on the TV all the time, even I was in the hospital, I also turn on the radio to get the newest information.

Thank God the war doesn’t come and Taiwan is still Taiwan. According to this tragedy, I know that all things happen in the world will affect our life even it happened far away.

1 comment:

leinster said...

Yeah, it's totally better than another world war.